Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

international td7 problem

jamesmac ยท 2009-10-27 21:52

when backing up hill dozer has little or no power in low gear what could be problem dozer after playing with controls can get enough power to limp up to flat area ?

Replies4
  1. #1SterlingR2009-10-28 17:29

    So I am going to assume it works fine in Forward.

  2. #2hornet412009-10-29 11:12

    Very first thing is to check your transmission fluid level. Low level will cause exactly what you describe. 'Mo

  3. #3jamesmac2009-10-31 11:05

    I dont know im shoving down hill brush and backing up on level ground it seems fine but while workig only had problems in reverse

  4. #4td25c2009-10-31 12:12

    Welcome jamesmac,check tourque converter fluid level first.I dont know about your td7 but on my buddys dresser 100 highlift dozer we had to pull the floor plates to get to the dipstick & fill tube for the torque converter.The fluid level was low so we put about 3 gallon in it .Fixed the problem.