Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case w14

Basketcasew14 · 2023-12-08 19:11

I’ve got an old case w14, hydraulics don’t have any power, will lift bucket and tilt when empty but not when it’s full, seems like a pressure relieve valve or the pump, where do i start on the dinosaur. Doesn’t seem to make enough air pressure either, does it need air to run all the hydraulics. I’m so lost on this thing….

Replies5
  1. #1Basketcasew142023-12-08 19:16

    The machine used to labor good when you hold up or down lever till it bottomed out booms up or down, not it labors still but not near as much as it used to. Seems like it’s not making enough pressure or it’s starving for fluid but it’s has plenty. Filter was just changed thinking that was the problem, still no lift or tilt power. Used to be able to pick up a house, now can’t pick up bucket of straw.

  2. #2Acecadet2023-12-08 20:10

    I assume you are talking about the suction filter in the tank that you changed. My next move would be to locate the main relief on the valve block. Pull it off, check for damage and if none found crank it up a couple turns and try that. If there is no change after inspection and adjustment I would suspect the pump is worn out.

  3. #3Basketcasew142023-12-08 20:36

    That’s what I’m afraid of

  4. #4steve wherley2023-12-15 09:46

    Hyd tank uses air pressure to better flow threw filter in tank , if no machine air pressure ,check tank cover it needs to be tightened and sealing.

  5. #5Coy Lancaster2023-12-20 17:07

    If there is no air pressure in hydraulic tank then that could have caused the pump to starve for oil.