Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

IT14G- shifts into neutral

Beardeck · 2023-12-06 21:25

I just purchased a It14G - I am having an issue with it staying in forward and or reverse. When I shift it into forward or reverse It will move at low rpm but when I raise the rpm it kicks into neutral and won’t move - if I shift it into neutral and back to forward it will allow it move again but still can’t get move at a higher rpm

Replies6
  1. #1Beardeck2023-12-07 16:33

    Today I was able to find the diagnostic codes first one was for engine speed sensor - and second was for batt voltage above normal - I was able to change the engine speed sensor and for good measure I also bought the transmission speed sensor and change it - I cleared both codes and it still does the same thing I did not get the engine speed sensor code back but I did get the above normal voltage code. Any help as to where to look now would be great - It acts like a safety switch kicks it out of gear or maybe the brake knock out switch . Again any suggestions would be great ser# 1WN00402

  2. #2Mobiltech2023-12-07 16:58

    Try disconnecting the main positive cable on the alternator to see if the over voltage goes away. High or low voltage can cause trans shift issues so fix that first. Sounds like you might need to replace the alternator but test the voltage first.

  3. #3Beardeck2023-12-07 17:09

    Thank you I will try that tomorrow

  4. #4Beardeck2023-12-08 14:35

    I checked the voltage coming from the alternator and with the Rpms up it was sending 33 volts so I replaced it and now runs and moves good Thank you for your help.

  5. #5Nige2023-12-08 14:57

    I'm glad you got your problem fixed but please remember for the future that Diagnostic Codes for sensors, or anything else, could just as easily be a wiring fault on the machine as it could be a bad sensor. It's frequent that people post about Codes and their first comment is "I replaced the sensor but the Code hasn't gone away." I would always suggest to first post up whatever Diagnostic Codes you have and ask for a troubleshooting procedure. Carrying out said procedure will identify exactly where the problem lies and hopefully could save you money at the same time if it's not a bad sensor that you are dealing with.

  6. #6Beardeck2023-12-08 15:07

    I will for sure in the future - Thank you QUICK QUESTION FOR YOU GUYS ABOUT THE HYDROSTATIC DRIVE -- does the hydrostat drive stop quick on a Cat Loader - if I let off the pedal its like the brakes go on, I can feather the pedal to slow down but it won't coast to a stop.