Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case W14 Wheel Loader w/Backhoe

EquipmentNut ยท 2012-09-03 17:24

Found this shot I took of a Case W14 with a backhoe installed. I took this picture at Bear Country USA in South Dakota back in 2008. I think they used this for some grounds maintenance. This is the first time I ever saw a W14 with a backhoe installed. I knew it was an option, but does anyone have any other good quality shots with the backhoe installed on these? Thanks, Aaron

Replies5
  1. #1MBTRAC2012-09-04 00:21

    That's a rare shot, I've never seen a backhoe fitted to a W series loader before - I still run a bit of old Case gear (W7, W9 & 1455B Drott), & can understand why the optional B/H's on the W14 & W series weren't a "hit" - Some years ago I owned a similar backhoe set up on a Furukawa loader & the experience of sitting atop the engine cover with the exhaust breathing down my neck is not one I'd want to repeat.

  2. #2Silveroddo2012-09-24 21:51

    That pretty cool, would probably be a pretty handy machine

  3. #3benmurphy632013-01-24 13:26

    Here is one for sale. I just saw this one online. Looks like it is in great shape. http://www.machinerytrader.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=8744367&dlr=1&cid=3235387

  4. #4MagnetGenerator2013-01-24 13:39

    Yea that's not bad. Has anyone used Machinery Trader to sell anything? Are they just a small section on MarketBook?

  5. #5Jimbo2013-01-28 15:04

    I looked at buying one of those 20+ years ago, in a GSA sale. Came from Forest Service--the operators were not impressed with them, as they were replaced by Deere 710 Loader Backhoes.