Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1942 d8 –

BTLAURELHILL ยท 2012-09-05 10:19

My father bought a 1942 D8 cable-driven bulldozer many, many years ago, and has re-shaped his farm ( and a lot of other places in north Florida) with it. He no longer is able, but I believe the dozer deserves better than being cut up for scrap. Last was used in about 2003 to push over a big tree, I know my uncle used it in 1995 to open up the spillways around our dam before Opal hit. Since Steel prices have shot up, my brother & husband have been seling off a lot of scrap - but I believe there maybe someone who is interested in a functional, if rather old, piece of equipment (NOT cut up) I've got them to hold off by explaining they could at least get a scrap price without the work of cuttine & hauling - Does anyone have suggestions for selling ancient dozers? the sites I've found seem to be looking for newer (if used) heavy equipment. Its been kept under a shed, sort of a monument to the past, but I'd rather see it sold as a piece of the past, not in pieces.

Replies3
  1. #1DPete2012-09-05 10:41

    You could search out antique tractor web sites and or antique equipment sales and advertise, good photos will help

  2. #2d4c24a2012-09-05 15:26

    you could try here , and photos would greatly help http://www.acmoc.org/bb/forum.php

  3. #3caterpillarRy2012-09-26 20:02

    one word craigslist