There is a guy near me selling a Case w20 for 3200. Its definatly going to need paint and some undetermined of yet engine work and probably a new seat. Is this a good by for a cheap loader or should I look for some thing else.
that seams extreamly cheap but if you have to do a motor job train and or brakes . paint and seat are nothing mechanical is what you need to look at it's good that it's not cleaned up you can see where it's leaking and so on.
I tell you more about the mechanical state but I havent been out to look at it and the selling it says that he's not sure what wrong but its nothing major because it starts up and runs.
rabbit, before you go out and buy that machine you should think of a few things. 1. What will you get out of it? As an owner-operator my truck is my source of income. Will the case w20 bring you extra money? 2. Are you planning to plow with it or use it for work? 3. Do you have what it takes to drive it? Your profile says you are from Buffalo, and I know when I drive my truck in Buffalo, its hard to maneuver on city streets. A case w20 is a hard machine to drive on major streets. Good luck, it sounds like a great deal!
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums FreightlinerNut! :drinkup
Im actually from williamsville so the size issue is no big deal. My buddy and I have been doing a little bit of landscaping on the side hear and there and we also do some snowblowing and such. My buddy just got a new boss v-plow for his Chevy 1500 and seeing as how I own a car its a little hard to plow with that. So thats why Im looking at the loader. Acouple of the guys who I used to work for also give use some work during the summer covering things that they cant. So it would probaly pay for itself and have all the space we need at my fathers place to work on and store it.
your from williamsville too? I grew up there. Sounds like you got a good deal going for yourself. The price is right so go for it man! I wish I got into plows and construction equipment instead of trucks. Good luck and if you need advice, just ask me.
rabbit, spend $250 and take it to a trusted mechanic and have him give you a true assessment of the machine's condition.
My dads a retired mechanic and he done alot of work on equipment and trucks so he should be able to help alot to fix anythinng. Im trying to arrange to see the loader but its hard around the holidays.
I recently got to look at the w20 and it was a basket case. The body was in great condition but the motor needed to be completly replaced. The loader had an oil leak that was never taken care of and the owner let it run until he blew it up. I cant believe how stupid and lazy people can be.:Banghead
wow that stinks. oh well the search continues. smile
keep your eyes open, I bought a big massey 1105 farm tractor for half price. I took it to a vo-tech were my dad is a teacher and they are telling me its adjustments and doesn't need the brakes and the clutch that I was planning on putting in it. So now I'm down to astetic repairs and a few gaskets.