Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hough shifting and ID problems

okumaguru ยท 2007-12-20 14:29

I just traded for this Hough loader. The areas by the radiator support have been ground on as they were retrofitting a V461D air cooled Wisconsin engine in it. The steering wheel and dash are also missing. I don't know anywhere else to look for identification on it. It has 15-5-25 tires on the drive axle and 750-16 tires on the steer axle. From the pictures I have been able to find it looks a lot like a HAH but I don't know for sure. The first issue is you can't find the gears,(forward and reverse),when you do find them they are solid, just hard to find. I need to identify it so I can get a service manual to find and fix the problem. I hope I don't have to completely remove the front of the transmission to fix it. I have contacted my local IH dealer, he suggested an IH dealer in Springfield so I contacted them, and I contacted a Komatsu dealer but no one has any ideas so far without serial numbers. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I also posted this in compact wheel loaders with a picture. I'm not certain which category this belongs in. Thank you in advance! Tim

Replies3
  1. #1Tom Spivak2007-12-20 22:02

    Hough Hough Hough! Talk to these guys. WWW.tractorparts.com They have a lot of old wheel loaders. Good luck.

  2. #2okumaguru2007-12-21 19:57

    I'll check with them next week. Thanks Tim

  3. #3okumaguru2007-12-23 12:57

    I just learned something more about my loader. The person I got it from said it had a forward/reverse lever and a high/low lever. Upon re-examining it has a 4 speed and a forward/reverse. Maybe that will help in identifying. Thanks Tim