Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case W20B head gasket set

pwking13 ยท 2013-08-03 11:09

I recently purchased a W20B loader with a 401B engine in it. The freeze plugs on the heads are leaking, I could pull the middle one off and be able to get to all of them, but have not been able, just looking online, to find the OEM parts number for the individual gasket or set. Does anyone happen to know the number or a place I can find it?

Replies1
  1. #1sheepfoot2013-08-03 13:12

    Head gaskets I would look at the fire rings close when removeing the head. You will need to check the sleeve protrusion. It's been awhile but it seems that both sleeves under one head flush to .002 used the over sized blue stripe rings, sleeves under one head .002 over but less than .0025 between sleeves used the standard fire rings, and both under one head over .0025" differance between sleeves use the standard on the high sleeve and the blue fire ring on the low sleeve. Just a little detail that you should explore before ordering from a dealer. You can look at the casece parts site to look at you engine parts for your machine, seems to be some new info and changes on some of the parts, hope this helps a little.