I just picked up this case w24b and i want to change the drive shaft seal in the TT2421 allison transmission,It leaks when the loader is shut off but not when working.Its the seal behind the park brake drum.Just concerned on if the old seal can be pulled out without any major tear down of the tranny asides from pulling out the yoke.This is my first post hope Iam in the correct place.Thanks Eugene
Yes it's not bad, remove drive shaft , pull the cotter pin in the nut, remove the nut/washer/o ring. Unhook brake rod (release park brake shoe pressure on the drum)and pull the drum and yoke out. Remove parking brake shoes and backing plate as needed to get to seal. Also block wheels and lock the joint, drain the trans fluid, may need a speed sleeve and seal if yoke has heavy grove or wear, clean trans breather, may want to clean the trans screen if fluid is drained all the way. It's a good machine just tall on a trailer, their was several around here, at one time w24/w24b/w24c.
Thanks sheepfoot for the fast reply,By your instructions it doesn't seem to bad of a repair, Iam sure I will be posting again I see a few things on the loader that needs attention but I think it will make a good machine when repairs are done,Seems mostly like quik fixes and neglect I want to restore this as close to original as time an cash will allow.Thanks Again