Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

case w24b engine oil

case w 24 ยท 2017-03-18 14:15

Hello all, I've recently purchased my first wheel loader and I've done some searching and can't seem to find anything about the engine oil. My question would be, what kind of engine oil would I use? Its a case w24b I believe 1974 S/N 9115938. Thank you for your help.

Replies4
  1. #1sheepfoot2017-03-18 17:48

    The W24B runs the 504BD engine, takes 14 quarts w/filter. That said you didn't give much on the ambient air temps in your area. SAE 15w 40 will get you +10 to 110*, but i like the straight 30 weight above 50* myself. A good brand of oil meeting the api service ce cd cc/sg.

  2. #2case w 242017-03-18 17:53

    I live in alaska and the loader will be mostly for snow plowing my property and some around the new house I'm building this summer. Temps in summer are usually 45-65f and in winter can run 10-30f and wind chill can drop it all the way to -25

  3. #3sheepfoot2017-03-18 18:51

    The multi-grade -25 to +25 is a sae 10w 30 wt. and the 15w 40 like above. The single grade -15 to+30 is a sae 10w, and at +25 to+65 with a 20w 20wt, the sae 30 wt starts at +40*. So you would more than likely be good with the 15w 40. Depending on usage 200-250 hrs on a change or once a year if not running a lot.

  4. #4case w 242017-03-18 19:11

    Thank you. I've tried finding a manual of any kind so I can find out all fluids for it on amazon and ebay but to no luck for my serial number, just find later.