Hi, I got an old W4 earlier this fall for scrap price. It's in horrible shape from it's life in a fertilizer warehouse. I'm patching the radiator now, would rather replace, but being laid off put the crimp on how much I can do right now. I drove around some and used to push some tree tops around, it will really pull a lot too, more than I thought it would. I guess it should at 6000 lbs. It has the weight kit on the back. Anyways, just wondering if anyone knows of good online source of info such as manual pages in pdf. I found the online CASE parts book and that gives nice exploded views, but I don't have any way to cross the CASE part numbers with anything else. trying to get parts through case dealer is terribly expensive and difficult. It needs new hubs because most of the studs spin. The axles look like regular Dana 60s, so I am hoping they are standard outers from 3/4 or 1 ton truck, but I haven't seen any that match correctly. Even if I could cross the CASE pns for the inner and outer bearings to SKF of Timken or something that would be a start. I've had trouble finding info about the engine. I know it's a Mitsubishi from what's left of the tag. Anyways, just a quest for info on the W4 so feel free to add any info or experience you might have. Thank you, Ben
oh yeah, I searched the forums here and found only one other thread that had gone cold. also, here's the current contents of my text file of info I have for the w4. CASE Loader Model: W4 SN: X1216671X Year: 1982 Engine: Mitsubishi 2.1L Diesel probably model S4E engine oil filter: Wix 51261 Car Quest 85261 engine air filter: Wix 42276 hyd suction filter: Wix 51553 FleetGuard HF6057 hyd return filter: JD AT120444 I've been working on getting a couple photos uploaded, but I don't have the "photos and Album" option on my control panel page....
here's a photo on pressure wash day. It had two flat tires and the rims are so rusty I didn't like to pump them up, so I'm borrowing the Michilen 11.00-R16 XLs off my truck. (I like tall tires in snow.) Like i said, it's pretty sick.
Ben, I think the engine is a Mitsubishi S4E...same as in the little BD2G dozers,except your machine has a 12V system.Rhine equipment sells Mitsy parts.I would think any agent selling Mitsy graders,etc will supply engine parts. If engine is not an S4E,it may be a 4DQ model. Hope that helps a little. Jim
Here in Australia I can quote Case part numbers at my bearing supply company & they can cross reference them 90% of the time - give your suppliers a go.....
Thanks alrman, I didn't think to go the other way; have a non-CASE parts place cross CASE pns. Good idea. @JimInOz, I'll have to get a couple good engine shots and post them I found a photo of what the seller calls an S4E, but I think the freeze plugs in block and head are in different places. It does have the inline pump and the alt is on RH side as looking at the flywheel end.
One other note the FI pump is a NIPPONDENSO model 90000-5510
Ben, those tyres look a little different in size. Not sure if that is how they should be. Might be a good idea to even them up a little.
I was 1/2 way through the change and wanted to get a comparison photo. The back one was original size and the front is what I went to/had available.
Ben, I just checked an S4E engine.It has a Nippondenso pump # 190000-0460. In Australia,we have a Case aftermarket supplier called Prestons. I'm sure there are similar suppliers in the USA too. There would also be specialist Case dismantlers in the US,as well as general wrecking yards. I'm also wondering if any of the guys on the Case Terratrac Crawlers site have had any dealings with the W4 Loader. Jim
I have a w4 that needs an engine- happens to be a British Leyland 1.8 in there. Anyone know where I can find one? thanks Jim
need hydraulic motor for a Case W4 wheel loader Hi every one. Im in Venezuela, have a W4 wheel loader, but need the hydraulic motor. Only thing I know this is a sunstrand or sauder pump. But need to know the part number or pump model to look forward at suppliers. Please help me...
That thing almost looks like it has super swampers for the front tires
CASE W4 Mini Loader Hello alrman, Are you familiar with CASE W4 compact loaders? I am in Rockhampton, Queensland, Australia, do you have any clue where I might get Leyland engine rings/bearings/gaskets ect? Where is your bearing shop?
H626895 is the part number for the pump, I can ship one to you if needed
the part number for the hydraulic pump is H626895, might be able to get my hands on one if you need
Hello FieldMechanic89, this reply was emailed to me as well. Is the hydraulic pump number H626895 that you have quoted common to all CASE W4 machines? I picked mine up with a seized engine, so not sure what the pump is like yet. Do you have any info on the Leyland engines? I have been trying to establish the engine model number and where to source parts without any success so far. I'll include what numbers I have in case you can help. Engine ID tag number is 18V738B/D 3290 - JAM 2035 is moulded into the engine block - Machine and Chassis numbers are both 1205320 The CAV diesel fuel injection pump has the following info - DPA 3247F260 DSA / (Or could be just a mark) Serial R53665TX Mod (No info recorded) A21E600/0/3480