Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Loader on the HEF page?

peterfurfari ยท 2010-03-01 10:21

could someone please tell me what TLB is on the forum header? is it articulated? I am looking for something for snow removal and it looks like a nice size and geometry.

Replies32
  1. #1willie592010-03-01 19:10

    Welcome to the forum peterfurfari. :usa Not sure which thread or which machine your looking at. As for what is TLB, that's a common abbreviation on forum for "Tractor Loader Backhoe", like a Case 580, Deere 410, or Cat 416 for example.

  2. #2AmerIndependent2010-03-01 19:26

    Atco, I think he is talking about this:

  3. #3AmerIndependent2010-03-01 19:32

    I'm not too familiar with the smaller equipment, but if it helps anybody, here is a blown up image of the tractor for you to try and identify it. If not, I'm sure Steve Frazier knows.

  4. #4digger242j2010-03-01 19:37

    I'm not sure anybody on the staff knows what it is. The recent updates to the site were done by internet type people, not equipment type people, so it's probably just an image that somebody pulled off the web somewhere. Maybe somebody can ID it from real world experience. Whatever it may be, the fact that you see it here does not constitute an endorsement. While we're on the subject, who can ID the backhoe that makes up the "A" in "Heavy Equipment forums.com"? :cool2

  5. #5AmerIndependent2010-03-01 19:40

    ointlaugh I thought he was talking about that at first. lol.

  6. #6Pecord Exc2010-03-01 19:52

    The A is a John Deere I would risk my reputation on it, the Other backhoe resembles a Komatsu but I am not sure it could be a massey or a Fermec, not 100% sure

  7. #7willie592010-03-01 19:53

    Heck... I ain't skeered, I'll take a wag at it...JCB? And digger...u better tell us you know what it is. :naughty

  8. #8excav8r2010-03-01 21:56

    i'm guessing Ford

  9. #9Steve Frazier2010-03-01 22:37

    I can't answer the question about the articulated tractor, but New Holland made an older unit that was about the same size and style. The hood does resemble a modern New Holland, I don't know if that's it or not. digger242j is right, the graphic was supplied by the people who updated our site. As for the "A" in our logo, that one I can identify, but I haven't seen the correct answer yet. I'm sure you'll all be surprised when it comes out.

  10. #10willie592010-03-01 23:01

    Interesting...I like it!

  11. #11alrman2010-03-02 00:48

    It's definitly European. They love smaller articulated TLBs & hydrostatic drive. Some brand names are Foredic ; Benfra ; Venieri . My bet is that it is a Venieri - current models have a east west engine located under your feet - fitters must love working on them. :beatsme Here's a link to a similar unit http://www.europe-machinery.com/used/articulated-backhoe-loader/1142156/venieri-10-23.html

  12. #12RonG2010-03-02 05:53

    The bucket looks like a Ford bucket on the "A" machine.Ron G

  13. #13digger242j2010-03-02 06:22

    I agree. Deere, but an older one. I'd risk Pecord's reputation on it too. :thumbsup

  14. #14oarwhat2010-03-02 06:23

    The A looks like a case TLB .

  15. #15alrman2010-03-02 06:35

    I've had to keep looking for the TLB - :dizzy I'm convinced it's a Gemini built in Sth Africa Link to site - http://www.geminiauto.co.za/tlb.html

  16. #16tonka2010-03-02 08:03

    ford...

  17. #17excav8r2010-03-02 14:15

    lol if its not ford then new holland?

  18. #18digger242j2010-03-02 17:44

    I think you may be correct. While it's blurry, the first character on the loader lift arm is obviuosly an "L", and given the readable characters on your picture, the rest seem to match. That and the rest of the machine features seem the same as well...

  19. #19Pecord Exc2010-03-02 19:33

    I would swear its a 310 Deere "D" series and lower, that machine has put enough food in my belly to be 90% certain although steve says no, i dont think case, case's booms seem more square than triangle, same goes for an older Cat, maybe JCB, I am out of guesses

  20. #20Steve Frazier2010-03-02 21:15

    I'll let it run one more day and give you the answer. I'm not sure what I can give as a clue without giving it away, but you should think non-traditional.

  21. #21willie592010-03-02 21:57

    Oh, non-traditional. So it's a rig you made in your shop built from Deere, JCB, Ford, a Cat cylinder, Case, Massey, a bolt from a Terramite, and the bucket from a Dynahoe. :yup

  22. #22tonka2010-03-02 22:16

    you forgot Bobcat...

  23. #23Pecord Exc2010-03-02 22:32

    Ditch Witch? or a vermeer from a trencher?

  24. #24tonka2010-03-02 22:45

    oh what about one of those, ones mounted on a line truck....:beatsme

  25. #25CM19952010-03-02 22:59

    I think I found the articulating backhoe - http://chancay.manufacturer.globals...h/product_id-1007034301/action-GetProduct.htm It could be a copy of another machine but it matches up pretty close to the one on the Forums. The grill, cab, fenders and rear backhoe boom look the same. As far as the "A" you got me so far on that one.:beatsme

  26. #26digger242j2010-03-03 04:05

    Ok. It's from an AMT/Ertl 1/25 scale model of a JD 310 backhoe. That's non traditional.... (Image pirated from Truckmodeler.com)

  27. #27Pecord Exc2010-03-03 20:29

    That is in better shape than mine!!! Mine has no paint left on the buckets!!

  28. #28alrman2010-03-04 06:35

    Nice find CM1995 - the bent boom & different bonnet on the Gemini had me, I thought it was a different or younger model - but these two machines look as though they come from the same factory - China for sure.

  29. #29Steve Frazier2010-03-04 09:47

    Well guys, I promised I'd reveal the source of the image in our logo so here we go. I took a photo of my Bradco 611 backhoe attachment for my skid steer after I had posed it in the proper position to form an "A". My graphics man then manipulated it and changed the color to construction yellow. Bradco's are sold black. So there you have it. It is uncanny how similar the backhoe is to the John Deere machine, and I think goes to show how well built the Bradco units are.

  30. #30willie592010-03-04 20:52

    Well, pretty neat Steve. And it has served your purpose very well.

  31. #31excav8r2010-03-05 01:05

    i've never seen a bradco any pics?

  32. #32Steve Frazier2010-03-05 01:46

    http://www.swdistributing.com/purple/b6.html