Fuel gauge reads full at all times. Was told to unhook wires @ sending unit and if gauge still reads full then there is a short in wire not faulty sending unit. Can anyone confirm if this is accurate? Also wondering how many ohms I should be seeing as I move from empty to full on sending unit? Lastly anyone have part number for sending unit? Thanks for any/ all help.
Yes, that's correct The North American standard is 240 ohms cold and 33 ohms hot, but not sure case uses same standard
Thanks for reply. You say NA other American standard 240 cold and 33 hot…. Is that for temperature gauge? I’m wrestling with fuel gauge. Sorry to be thick headed but not understanding cold/ hot reference
430 Forklift or skid steer ? Posting the machine serial number always helps.
Skid steer. Sorry newbie. S/N: N6M451656
North American - is America (USA) and Canada The European standard is almost opposite 30 ohms cold and 180 ohms hot Temp, fuel, oil pressure is the same
Full tank should be 80 ohms or less, empty tank should be 180 ohms or greater. The replacement senders I have put in are different from what the book said. They showed 1 ohm empty and 91 ohms full.
I have had an issue with the one on my Case SR200, if the unit sits for a period of time the float that rises up and down seams to stick and it would provide false readings. After replacing the original one it happened again so i took it out and cleaned the "ROD" (for lack of a better word) that the float rides on with electrical contact cleaner and its working good. The unit on the SR200 is quite accessible and only 4 screws to remove the assembly and unplug the wiring harness. make sure that any debris/dirt is removed from t he to of tank, you don't want to contaminate the fuel or you will have bigger issues later.
Thanks to everyone for the information and suggestions. I continue to chase down possible short and sender malfunctions.
Check out this link, it may help. https://www.sailmagazine.com/diy/test-replace-fuel-gauge-sending-unit
So ohms were very high on existing sender at all positions of the float so we hooked up a sender I had pulled from a pick up repair and the gauge dropped off full. So installed correct new sender and problems solved! Thanks to all those who posted to my thread. Now on the solve nonfunctional reverse camera!