Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2005 new holland ls170 fluid overhaul

Thenestle ยท 2023-03-26 11:05

Hoping for any info to help on this topic of changing all fluids back to new in this used machine 2005 new holland ls 170 3100 hrs Did coolant ,engine oil, fuel seperator so far. Have oe hydraulic fluid to use for hydraulics system. And plan on using regulat motor oil 10w-30 for gear boxes. Am i one the right track? Also any tips on doin gear boxes and hydraulics fluid. I am replacing a few lines while machine is new to me to try stay ahead so not sure if i need to know anything on that idea besides just basically doing that. Am i goin to create any problems in my ideas. Last thing I wanna do is break the machine I'm just trying to help it at this point it has no real issues but I can tell and I just wanna make sure the fluids are up to par and everything changed out before I start my use of the machine any information or any tips would be super helpful any details when I go on noticed I really appreciate any info on us

Replies2
  1. #1barry shaw2023-03-26 13:01

    Be sure to grease axle bearing on each wheel, not sure how often. If you can get machine history from previous owner or dealer see if bucket pins have been updated, might be ok now but if loose updates are available, also I had a failure of flywheel, there was a update on that. your machine might already have it.

  2. #2Thenestle2023-04-06 18:02

    Ty. Any thought on gear box fluid fill and drain on this machine. Ty