Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case580 se

Chuckles ยท 2023-08-29 13:46

I have a Case 580se.I had to do some rewiring but sense my machine is a 1987 it has relays switches under the dash instead of 1 magnetic switch and I am having trouble finding a wiring schematic for this set up.

Replies5
  1. #1Tinkerer2023-08-29 20:56

    Welcome to HEF, Chuckles ! It is in the service manual.

  2. #2Chuckles2023-08-30 13:33

    Thanks for the reply. My Case580se was manufactured in 1987. 1987 was a transition year. First half of production year was the last for 3 relay switch controlling dash gages and other accessories .When I purchased my used machine the previous owner included a service manual but the revision covers the second machine manufactured in 1987.All electrical schematic are for wiring using a single magnetic switch. I use my 580se mainly on the farm and helping neighbors. I really don't want to spend 50 too 100 dollars for 1or2 pages. Is there a place these needed pages, showing the relay switches, can be viewed or copied?For got to mention all the lights have never worked since purchased. 4years later I did some troubleshooting to repair lights. Removing the dash I see the previous owner did some rewiring after what looks like a small wiring melt down and fire.I don't want this to me.Well now I see why lights didn't work.

  3. #3Chuckles2023-09-01 11:40

    Service manual I have but it only has schematic showing magnetic switch under the dash. My 580se has 3relays.

  4. #4Tinkerer2023-09-03 07:08

    If your 580K has the gear shift in the floor, I can give you the correct service manual for it. Send me your email address in a private conversation.

  5. #5HarleyHappy2023-09-03 09:49

    My 580 SE has three relays under dash, middle one for lights and horn burned up and fixed wires and replaced with automotive one. I have manual but never looked for schematic. Will look later and see if I have it.