I’ve been reading all forms about rebuilt and issues. I did not do a pressure check after loosing for/rev after backhoe warmed up. This being said, I removed shuttle, opened it up, everything looked good except inside collet of torque converter (see pic). Anyone know what caused this so when I put in rebuilt converter and new pump doesn’t happen again.
How was the pump shaft? Looks like it was broken and rattling around.
I took the pump apart and this is what the shaft looks like, to me looks ok, so I don’t know what caused the torque converter to get all marked up. Any thoughts
Are the bolts holding the torque converter tight? You are right, that shaft looks fine.
Yes when I removed the bolts from the converter they appeared tight, but I wasn’t really checking because I was taken everything apart to do a complete rebuild. The only bad part is when I was carrying the converter into my basement I slipped on the stairs and bent the plate now what , can I find another plate the case number is A15670 they say there is a new updated number D131174 which I ordered from minnpar but the outside hole on the plate are diffrent so not gonna work anyone have any thoughts
Call Minnpar and make sure they sent the right part, not the first time wrong part in correctly numbered box. Sure they will take returns with no prolems.
Here is the thing if your looking on the web at case part A-15670 and the alternative part number even case has the same number D131147, I think we are all able to see by looking at the holes on the inside to the hole alignment on the outside there is no way this is an alternative part that’s what I found looking at the pictures. Please tell me I’m not crazy. I was thinking of bolting the old and new plate together with the inside holes then marking the hole pattern of the outside holes and drilling new holes, then making and attaching to machine only question is would this weaken the function of the plate. I know there needs to be some material between hole, but what an acceptable min amount.
Could be filtration issue.
When I got this machine I changed all the fluids even dropped the pan and made sure screen was clean. When I was pulling the shuttle and converted out the converter fluid was dirty than the shuttles oil. When I clean the lines to the cooler I’ll be intrested to see if there blocked or open. Been reading and watching videos on this rebuild gonna go slow and steady anyone have any suggestions of what to watch out for or pay special attention to.