Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 310 SJ Stuck in Park

cbritt927 ยท 2026-03-05 22:19

Okay Fellas. I'm in need.. 310SJ TC Stuck in Park. Just quit on the job earlier this year and sitting in my barn for the last couple months. Need to get it going. VIN: 1T0310TJVAO181944 Things I've done. (after reading these forems and youtube) - Switched the 7 and 8 Solenoids. (Nothing.) - Drained all hydo oil. Added new hydro filter and new oil. (Nothing.) - Checked rear diff level (Nothing.) - check for a parking solenoid onto of the rear diff, but cannot locate. (Nothing.) Probably should tell you the error message on the dash: "Park Brake Circuit. The park brake has been commanded to release but the pressure switch did not reflect high pressure state. See Manual." All of my hoses under the cab floor are a complete mess. (oil and dirt) My maint. has been poor. 7000+ hours. But an awesome machine. I beleive there is a slow leak as hydo has now covered the cardboard under that tractor. But when I start it nothing is leaking/dripping.... Lastley. 2nd gear had been "slipping" at take off for a year or so. 4th seems weak too when I switch into 4th.... Thank you to whoever can offer some help!!! Clint

Replies3
  1. #1mg23612026-03-06 05:25

    Your issue might be as simple as a bad park brake pressure switch. It is mounted on top of the park brake which is the very front of your rear axle. We often see them damaged from things like tree branches or debris hitting them. If it is intact, remove and inspect the transmission filter to see if it is missing pieces (like in the other post you were on). This could be related to the filter issue.

  2. #2cbritt9272026-03-06 14:13

    Well MG, Looks like i'm in trouble. Pulled the trans filter and no oil came out. Filter looked to be in fine shape. It was a napa filter that I guess we cross referenced last year. Looked new still. Drained oil. Filled up nearly a 5 gallon home depot bucket. Not sure how much it should take. Oil looked good. Bit of a green sheen to it, like coolant, but that could have been the lighting..... I think I found the parking brake pressure switch. Green in color. It's not actually on the rear pumpkin but just before it... Looked fine, just super wet with oil that's leaking from some where... So I bet you are goint to say its a bad pump and the trans needs to come out like the guys on youtube... Don't beleive we were low on trans oil...?? not sure how low it was when we pulled the filter..... dipstick seemed within range.. Forgot to meantion it's got 75xx hours. Been a great tractor. Bought with 22xx hours. I see you have 6,616 posts. Hoping for another one to help me. Ps. Any special tools or tricks to pulling the trans? Youtube says we have to raise/support the engine 2"? The two bolts on the top bell housing seem to be the hardest. I may take the trans into deere dealer, but I think my guys and I can pull it. Thanks, Clint

  3. #3mg23612026-03-07 05:57

    That transmission holds about 16 quarts (about 14 when just changing oil). Did you check the oil level with the engine running at idle? That is how it is supposed to be checked. I would still cut open and thoroughly inspect the filter (click the blue link below). If there is no debris in the oil and if the filter is OK, I would refill, install a new filter, and perform a transmission pressure test. If you do not have that ability, I would suggest hiring someone who can. How to cut open a filter