Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 10 or 12 motor grader

cwooten ยท 2011-07-07 17:58

I just bought a motor grader. Not sure of model but need info on pony motor, and machine, model and year. SN is 8T17733. Any info would be helpful. Thank you. cw

Replies7
  1. #1dirtmonkey2011-07-08 17:13

    Hey neighbor ! Im not a grader guru but i looked it up in the cat performance book and it looks like a 12 ,years 47-55 hp 100. Hope this helps .

  2. #2grandpa2011-07-08 19:08

    8T is a no. 12 grader... an awful dependable one at that.... what do ya need to know about it?

  3. #3danregan2011-07-20 05:44

    ive got a 1953 no 12. Im amazed at performance in a 60 year old machine. doesnt burn oil, starts on the coldest days. its a testament.

  4. #4nextdoor2011-07-20 06:11

    I have a 'moden' one a 12E it always starts and keeps going. Just a while ago we completed a large job with it and a D47u and the combined age of the two machines is a hunded and nine years!! The pair of them are likely to live longer than me. Cant exactly remember but wasnt the pony on them the same as the D6?? I sure there is someone who knows a lot more than me out there.

  5. #5cwooten2011-07-20 10:05

    I am just looking for an operators manual, parts book possibly, but most importantly, parts for the pony so I can get it going again.

  6. #6grandpa2011-07-20 18:42

    Check ebay for the books,,, you may find them there.

  7. #7dist32011-07-20 18:57

    Service Manual Pro. com look in classic machine section. There site says they will print the manuals and ship. I looked for your serial number and it was on there list. Hope this helps