This one should easy for someone. We just bought a mid 90’s 130G. Looks like the one Grandma drove to church on Sunday. I can’t find the horn button. It has an air horn visible under the cab so I know it has one. It appears to have a solenoid valve on the air horn. My wife would say I am looking with my eyes closed.... she may be right. Also have not found the fuse panel yet. Trying to find it so I can diagnose why the float switch isn’t working. One last question: there are two switches attached to the blade raise/lower levers and two electric hydraulic valves attached to the frame above the circle. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
As usual a machine Serial Number is always a good start. There are various versions of the 130G kicking around and it's always nice to know which one you're dealing with.
We have a mid 90s 12G which has the horn button in the centre of the steering wheel, as you would expect. Could be just stuck from lack of use, keep in mind, if you get it to go the bloody thing may not turn off.... can be embarrassing if others are around.
Guess if no other luck one could follow the hose/line going to the horn under the cab and see where it starts from. If it goes to a solenoid valve you would then need to find the electrical button or you may get lucky and it goes to a horn valve on the floor or some place else. Like said above a S/N will work wonders on getting an answer instead of a bunch of guesses!
Our mid 90's 140G and the 120g I used to run had the horn in the center of the steering wheel. Are the switches down on the floor you are talking about and does it have a float function? If so I believe the switches override the float when lever is pulled or pushed so you can lift and lower the blade, when lever is returned to center it allows it to float again until switch float switch on dash is turned off.
The horn button on the steering wheel is usually broken. I seem to recall the button just grounds against the column when you push it in contact. There should be a wire connection on the back of the button. I have seen where someone has mounted a button on the floor to work the horn. I also seem to remember a fuse panel under the seat or below the seat on the left hand side where the heater was. I also seem to remember some machines with a fuse panel in the steering column behind a plate on the front. I've seen the toggle switches on the blade lift levers before. I remember on a couple of units I looked at they had an early grade control system installed at one time but was gone by the time I looked at it. Does the machine have accumulators?
There may be fuses in the upper right corner of the cab at ceiling level behind a plate that will slide after loosening a couple thumb screws also. I see you mentioned it has float, guess I should read better. I have also seen the switches on the handles like John C mentioned that were for grade control but I have never used them.
We supply Caterpillar motor grader parts so if you need any inquiry , please let me knw. http://www.vomeks.com/caterpillarmotorgrader/index.php