I finally got the opportunity to run this awesome machine! Doin' work out in the oil fields near Midland/Odessa Texas. Building locations for this big oil boom. I love everything about this machine! (except the fact that it's nearly impossible for me to cut a straight line while articulated and the tire lean is in the wrong spot! How are you supposed to articulate and lean tires at the same time?? How do you twist a joystick without a thumb???) lol
3: What is that slope? looks like a 3:1 from the photos.
Yesir! It's a 3:1....supposed to be a 2:1 lol! If I get caught taking the time to Actually do something rite around here, I'm for sure to be yelled and laughed at!! Being a "finish maintainer operator" or one of them there "blue toppers" is forbidden in these here oul fields lol. The oul companies want a 100' square pad graded within a tenth around the cellar (oul drill hole) for the rig to set up on. So I busted out my laser and put a few hubs in. Well, when Jed Clampett himself showed up to have a look'a'see at the location, he says, "what imahell er dem'der whisker lookin' thangs pokin' outta da groun?? Bobby! Get my tin snipps n whack 'em off! We caint have dat! Might confuse da roughnecks!" "Tyler! Is this pad flat??" hahaha! Anyways.....I just cross my eyes and try to fit in....because the wages are excellent!! lol
Here are some pics of some mud pits and misc. dirt I've pushed for the last 19months here in good 'ol Texas!
More...
Nice set of pictures you have there FnS. Jim
Thanks Jim! I'll have some more soon!
use you pointing finger on the wheel lean
Thanks for the tip! I appreciate it. That's funny, I found myself doing that all week! But now it's officially confirmed...pointer finger it is! Thanks!!It sux for me because my left wrist is partially fused! I have 3 screws (from 1st & 2nd surgeries) and a plate (3rd surgery) that doesn't allow my wrist to bend back. So, when I attempt this stealthy maneuver, I gotta put my elbow damn near my crotch!! I look like I'm trying to scratch an itch down there while trying to maintain grade!!! hahaha But it works! Thanks again!:drinkup
maybe true having the palm of your hand on the top of the joystick, then use your fingers all over the leaver, thats what i normal do, just try it first in a clear area, where you can stuff up a little
Tailgate engineering is what we call it, kind of fun not having to be perfect once in a while. Nice pics
Give urself a couple of days to get used to it and you will wonder what all the fuss was about. The M Series is one hell of a grader to operate and I dont care if I operate competitive brands again ever! I used to fishtail when steering too but all ok now. Something I do, do is keep hard round articulation down to minimum when turning as it disturbs the bead set on tyres and causes flats. I do a lot of backfill trench compaction work and have had to increase tyre pressure over 50psi because of this. Cheers, Pa Bear. Australia.