Hi Everyone I am back with another problem with out grader at work and I am hoping its something we are doing wrong. The center pin for the cradle will not unlock and we are at a stand still on where to look. Dose it have system pressure all the time if it is suppose to my gauge is reading 0 pis with the grader running I have went to other ports just to make shore the gauge is working and it dose. I go back on Tuesday and will get the SN then I didn't thing to get it on Friday All we have at work for it is a CD parts manual that doesn't give us anything on it. Thank You for anything anyone can help me with.
Are you getting power to the centershift lock valve solenoid when you operate the switch in the cab.? EDIT: Need a Serial Number. There are at least three different setups of centershift lock.
Yes we are getting power to the solenoid and the valve switches. It has a test port that's reading 0 PSI ether way the switch is pulled. I will get the SN on Tuesday when I get back to work. The two hoses that run the centershift lock run up into what looks like the front wheel assist
Well I just looked at the post from last year hears the plate from the side of the grader
Had a problem like that on a M series would not unlock, we ended up taking the solenoid off and cleaning it up with some sand paper, put it back on and has been working ever sense, not sure if this will fix your problem though, worth a try.
Thank you for the info but we have already had the solenoid off and the cartridge out to see if they are working and they seem to be you can hear it and feel it moving inside. I am thinking its before the solenoid like I said. I taped into the pressure test port on that line and get 0 pis reading I cant remember with the other port was reading I tested on the left side under the cab top port about haft way back just to see if the gauge I had was reading right. I even when as far at to crack the line that feeds the center lock to see if there was any flow and it barely dribbled out. Aging Thank You for the info and any thoughts you may have.
Looking at the schematic there should be pressure at the centershift lock valve all the time the pump is running. Take a look at Page 2 of the attached schematic. Are you getting pressure at Test Point DD (Purge Sequence Valve Pressure).?
That I am not shore of I'll check tomorrow when I get to work and let you know. I am getting not pressure at CG I do know that and when I cracked the hose where it goes into the control valve number 50 on the first page there was hardly anything coming out. I will check port DD when I get there. Thank you for you help on where to start looking we where out of ideas
Looking at the schematic I am wondering if the lack of pressure at the centershift lock could possibly be the indication of a problem somewhere else. I’ve never worked on one of these AWD machines.
Ok I am getting nothing at CG. But I was wrong about the front wheel assist its not working my bad I thought it was till I had to take it out today and run it a little so now I am tracking that down
The 250-8482 Gear Pump Gp might be a good place to start. That's what supplies the centershift lock as well as the front wheel assist.
At zero psi it isn't going to do anything. Nige has you on the right track by checking the pump
Yep yep its got me thinking if cat got a wire unplugged or something like that the left side of the grader was pulled apart this summer one of the Hyd lines was leaking right above the quick disconnect for the fuel tank is on the left I donk know if there may be a wire to turn the pump on right there that isn't connected or not
Nige do you know if the pump has pilot lines or solenoid valves for it to turn on and off? If it even turns on and off.
All I am finding is the fuel lift pump and the air compressor I am not haveing any luck funding the gear pump
This is what the pump looks like and attached are the instructions on how to remove it. It looks to me like it is located directly below the air compressor.
gear pump is located below compressor as Nige stated
So I just got a update we sent it off to Cleveland Brothers and they have just gotten back to us gear pump is good the problem is the drive for the gear pump. There going to have to pull the engine out to get to it. Sorry I haven't bin on hear but just got the call today at work so waiting of the price quote and seeing if number one for the district is going to let us get it fixed or not. Thank You for all the help and we will see what the boss wants to do
Curious why there would be a question on whether to fix it or not? It's a fairly new machine and an expensive one at that.
Without looking into exactly how the pump is driven that sounds expensive already..... Make sure you are sitting down when the quote arrives.
I work for DCNR in pa and they don't think some things are as important as there office computers or things like that
Ya I kind of figured that out haha hopefully it gets faxed today to my shop so we can send it on to the person who makes that call tomorrow
Of course the operators are the least important on the totem pole too.