My Cat 160M B9E282 grader is changing up and down gears while working. Seems to get worse as transmission gets warmer. Will change up for a minute or so then go back down. I am guessing it is a electrical problem, it is not throwing any fault codes but. Machine has 9500 hrs on it. Any one got any ideas.
Have the transmission clutches been calibrated recently..? That's the first thing I would think of. Also has the transmission ever been overhauled, because if not it's gone far more hours than it had any right to....usually about 6000 is the limit before a clutch sh1ts itself.
Hiya Brolga. We had a 14M do this, threw real wobbly and it was chafed cable in amongst the bendy bits in the articulation. It took cat fitter quite some time to find it and was lying under the machine to fix it if I remember correctly. Cheers, Pa Bear.
Some of the newer m series has auto shift button its possible you may have it switched on, something to check for. hope this helps thanks
We have a Cat 160m B9E that lost both forward and reverse.Main pressure is good at 360 psi . No CODES have come up .Any ideas?
This may be a long shot but the pressure switch in the seat may be faulty, we had one in a 140m mess up and acted like this, easy fix.
At this point I am willing to try anything!Right now I think we have it nailed down to aliens and cosmic rays. Thank you for your reply
How can the transmission oil get lots of air in it when its hot it seems to leak out the breather as if it's over full
Suction leak and oil cavitation in pump. It will cause damage if not repaired. What are you working on?
2017 12m i put around 8000 hrs on would push trans oil out the breather this started when the oil brand was changed mechanic said this had nothing to do with it still does it to this day . had a problem when it was new with dropping revs and then reving up turns out it had stable grade fitted and the sensitivty was set high we disabled this and all good,this is for an operator who doesnt get off the throttle when they start bouncing[steering wheel attendant]
That's for that turns out our mechanic has over filled it had to take 4lt out. Doesn't come out the breather anymore. Still looks like a little bit of air in it I will keep an eye on it.
I have a caterpillar 160 m the articulation I struggling
Might want to start a new thread with a more specific title like 160M articulation.