Hey folks, I just picked up an 700 hr cat 2016 305.5 from auction and was having trouble getting the quick coupler to release. I initially switched buckets when i got it home a few months ago but tried last week and was unsuccessful. Everything is controlled from in the cab as far as releasing it. supposedly there are 2 fuctions you have to do. I can't get the back pin grabber to release. The front one does as i can see it release (the one that gives you like 10 seconds then closes. I just ordered a manual but wanted to see if anyone could give me any insight or where to start. Thanks again
If it’s like ours on our 303 curl the bucket all the way in hit the switch to unlock the coupler then hold the curl in function and it should open up the back release ours has a timer on it like 30 seconds after you take a bucket off before it locks itself back then you have to do it all again hope this helps
Serial number
cat 3055ekcr501355
update. Little embarrassed but i figured it out. Despite the pin grabber would take grease I unbolted the pin from the little cylinder/piston and it worked correctly. so thenI just had to beat the pin catcher up to get the bucket off then I the cleaned it really good and greased it again. Thankyou for all that replied.