Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

3304 spacer plate vs non spacer plate

Bergz22 ยท 2019-04-25 10:08

I have to do a head gasket job on a 3304 with a spacer plate. I have a head in the shop marked 3304, just wondering if there is a difference in heads between a spacer plate engine and a non spacer plate engine.

Replies7
  1. #1Steve Bowman2019-04-25 12:07

    Check the arrangement #

  2. #2kshansen2019-04-25 13:05

    Note sure if the information in these three files will answer your questions but might be of some help:

  3. #3Old Magnet2019-04-25 13:22

    There are differences in oil routing to the rocker shaft. Some early heads will not interchange, later aftermarket heads appear to accommodate both spacer plate and non spacer plate.

  4. #4kshansen2019-04-25 15:47

    found one more Special instruction that related to 3300 blocks, not sure if it is applicable to this project but might be worth saving.

  5. #5Bergz222019-04-26 12:27

    The head I have here is a 7N-8524 or 0R-2673.

  6. #6Old Magnet2019-04-26 14:30

    casting # 7N-8524 (part # 8N1188) is a spacer plate PC head.

  7. #7Bergz222019-04-26 15:59

    Thank you sir.