Good day. I am getting both a left and right 1703-13 1705-13 *side* DRIVE PUMP FORWARD CONTROL SOLENOID OUT OF CALIBRATION Is this something that can be repaired by myself or is this dealer laptop required repair? Thank you in advance, just found this website, great community of help. JK
Before going into the issues of calibration. Has any electronic/hydraulic component affecting the drive system been replaced recently.? This includes the Machine ECM because that's where the calibrations are stored. Oh, and post a Serial Number for accurate information.
Thank you Nige, I should have know about the serial number, my apologies. CAT0259DA CW903642 To answer your questions I dont see any new or replaced parts. It is a new machine to me. I am the 2nd owner. I bought it from a CAT Rental store. It came off lease with 5000hours. It was used on a road crew in Virgina. It was greased, and used. Flithy. I knew all this going in. Cab is clean and not abused. I was it iand now its a really nice piece. I hot water pressure washed the machine. In the lower part of the machine under cab I found 4 wires out of a harness that feeds a dead ended hose. It has a device shrink wraped on the end. I beleive it to be a transducer, there is one hose for each side. These wires were all chewed up, I simply isolated them and taped them up. What started this question is in forward movement, with linear smooth had operation as the "pump comes on" the machine will lunge, but then revert to what the control is being asked of. I found the screen diagnostics page that shows "feedback" all inputs are showing smooth linear input from 0-100% really think this has to be a CAT dealer fix, but love to fix and learn Regards, JK
Can you post a photo of the location.? Also can you identify the wire colours and numbers if you can see any. From your description I have a suspicion what they might be..........
If it was sold by the dealer it should come with some kind of warranty. To attempt calibration the machine needs to be off the ground. A laptop with ET is required but doesn’t have to be a dealer one. As Nige suggested the wiring needs to be sorted first.