Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 206B Help

Brent Allen ยท 2022-02-14 19:17

I have a wheeled cat 206B excavator.... Had issues with hydraulics and sent hydraulic pump away to be rebuilt. Works great as it would stall the engine when deadheading hydraulic cylinders. Now no issues. Problem is that I have no strength in the drive of the wheels... Any help would be appreciated.

Replies15
  1. #1Nige2022-02-14 19:35

    A Serial Number would be a good start. Should start with 9BF followed by 5 digits. Wheeled excavator knowledge is a bit short on the ground everywhere you look. There weren't many of them ever sold.

  2. #2StevenG2022-02-15 06:45

    Do you have the spec for a case drain flow test?

  3. #3Brent Allen2022-02-16 12:31

    Details: Cat 206B FT Number: 9BF00091 Engine: 3114T Serial # 2FG00786

  4. #4Brent Allen2022-02-16 12:32

    i DO NOT

  5. #5Brent Allen2022-02-16 12:39

    Details: Cat 206B FT Number: 9BF00091 Engine: 3114T Serial # 2FG00786

  6. #6Nige2022-02-16 12:52

    There is no case drain flow specification for the drive motor that I can see. The swing motor case drain specification is 4.5 litres/minute maximum, so the propel motor won't be so much different. A couple of questions: 1. How handy are you with tools and do you have pressure gauges for testing.? 2. Are you sure the parking brakes are releasing correctly.? 3. Do you have any warnings pop up on the panel when you try to move the machine.? Attached the System Operation & the testing modules from the Service Manual

  7. #7Brent Allen2022-02-16 13:46

    1. I am handy with tools but don't have guages. 2. Parking brakes work properly 3. No warnings. Flat ground there is no problem, but any incline (even very small) it doesn't have the power to move even under the turtle setting or I drive setting. The only way I can switch into fast gear II is if I am going down a hill.

  8. #8Brent Allen2022-02-16 13:46

    It will climb a small incline but very very slow and with just a touch of the forward pedal.

  9. #9Brent Allen2022-02-16 13:47

    I should be able to spin the tires if I wanted to

  10. #10Nige2022-02-16 14:18

    Are you sure.? Based on my very limited experience with wheeled excavators, 300 series admittedly, I wouldn't have thought that was the case. Another question: Has the centre swivel ever been resealed.?

  11. #11djordje12022-02-16 14:47

    Attached is procedure and specs for drain test

  12. #12StevenG2022-02-16 15:33

    This is a long shot, but I've had excavators that had so much dirt and crud jammed up in them you couldn't get full movement of the travel pedals. Make sure everything is free and clear of the linkages.

  13. #13Brent Allen2022-02-16 18:10

    the pedals do move all the way, i will check though..... If I am dead level it will move no problem and go faster the more I push on the pedal

  14. #14Brent Allen2022-02-16 18:17

    Sorry as I am very new at working on excavators... I appreciate your time. Can you describe what I can do in simple terms.

  15. #15Nige2022-02-16 18:59

    I take it that you have only recently acquired this machine.? Going back to what you said initially about the hydraulic pump having to be rebuilt. What maintenance did you do on the hydraulic system at the time you replaced the pump.? Change oil.? Change filters.? If yes, how many filters did you change.? What type & grade of hydraulic oil is in it.? Also do you have the Operation & Maintenance Manual.? It normally lives in the pocket behind the seat but in a machine the age of yours it could well be long gone by now. If that's the case all is not lost, a replacement in pdf format can be downloaded from Cat Publications for $49. The publication reference is SEBU6326.