Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 215

StumpSlinger ยท 2024-07-09 22:22

I believe the Sn 57y01320. The problem I'm having is the travel forward or backwards is slow/weak but if you curl and deadhead the bucket or stick it will travel at a normal speed. Any guess on what's causing this?

Replies5
  1. #1Kobe Steel2024-07-10 08:08

    Hello Sir I only have a circuit diagram for a 215D but if this is similar to your machine layout then i would take a guess and recommend looking at the combiner relief valve block. It appears to change the relief setting when using upper attachment vs travel. I would think that when using travel it would select the higher set relief which may not be working correctly or relieving too low. I just cant see how this would be the cause from a diagram perspective based on your machines faults but it may be worth looking into. Best regards

  2. #2Nige2024-07-10 14:25

    Attached is the SysOp document for the 57Y-prefix 215 hydraulic system. It might help. I may be wrong but I seem to recall something about the hydraulic system changing strategy if another function was operated in addition to the travel.

  3. #3StumpSlinger2024-08-07 19:36

    Would you happen to know what weight oil goes in the swing box and in the housing hydraulic pumps bolt to?

  4. #4Nige2024-08-08 04:51

    Both of them should be filled with an SAE50 TO-4 oil for your climate. Pump drive takes about 1.6 gallons, the swing drive about 5.3 gallons.

  5. #5StumpSlinger2024-08-08 11:14

    Thanks