I've got what I believe is a bad drive motor on my 215. It's a 1987 model. Actually it's a 217. That was built for forestry application. But I do believe the running gear is a 215. Would anyone have a motor around number one? And number two, by chance does anyone know if a 225 drive motor will work? I would assume not but I figured I would ask because a buddy has a parts 225. Thanks for any help
Try a Serial Number for your machine first to get a Part Number for the motor. Then we can find out what models use it. I assume you’ve tested the case drain of both motors before confirming the “bad” one.? Have you ruled out potential problems with the centre swivel.?
No we have not looked into the swivel. One track was progressively getting slower and weaker over the winter. Now it barely drives it all. I'm just preparing for the need to change it. Supposed to rain tomorrow so I think Thursday will do the case drain check. Of course the case drain will tell a lot, but I was thinking about simply swapping motors from side to side. But I suppose the case drain would be easier. Thanks as always for your reply. You are a great help
i would suggest to do the case drain test first. A gradual deterioration in motor performance could just as easily be swivel seals. Your travel motor is a 9T-1062. Also used on the following models: - 219 (5CF-prefix), 219D (5XG) and that's it.....
Thank you for the info. So it is definitely not interchangeable with a 215?
Also, I'm finding 90-1062s. No reference to a 9T-1062
Your machine is listed in the system as a 215B, exactly as the plate in your photo states. The 9T-1062 motor was only fitted from machines 4FC00426-Up. The 9T-1062 is listed as a Special Application motor, i guess for the forestry application. The standard drive motor is a 9T-0670. I think if I was you I'd be making really sure the motor is the problem because if it is bad you may end up having to swap two motors in order to get the drive working right.
Nige, if I get two - 215 motors, will those fit in this machine? Striking on and finding the proper one
Simple answer - dunno. It will take a bit of investigation to determine if the final drives that the motors fasten to are the same. If they are then the STD motor will fit.