Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1995 Hitachi ex60 URG drive issues and slew

Tomco ยท 2024-06-05 01:32

Hi Guys just seeing the brains trust might have a couple of ideas, My little 6tonne ex 60 has had a few issues, and Im after a few suggestions that might help , I will start with the Drive motor, firstly it had a leak and was making what sounded like a metal on metal noise, I stripped it down didnt find anything to really show an issue , I replaced the seals and bearings put it back together and it worked the same still making a noise, I thought perhaps I would check out the planetary drive, again no metal changed the seals put it back in and still had a noise and nothing changed. Now there was a power loss that seemed to be evident but not huge, then the drive would stop as if it locked up or ran low on hydraulic fluid, move fwd and rev then away it would go for a bit more, all the time this noise was there. I did fill the oil with 36 my bad, so I drained it and back to 48 , no change but now it wont drive at all on that side and my slew motor has decided to stop as well. One thing I have noticed over the years of owning this old machine is if the oil level drops then the slew would just stop or a drive would stop, top it up and no problems, now I have all the oil leaks fixed its not happy . its the LH drive thats playing up and if I push the lever it you can hear the machine load a little, the same for the slew motor. the RH drive works no problems all the rest of the hydraulics lift and do their thing just fine, I though I would ask before ripping bits off again if anyone has a few ideas , its been a great machine starts instantly and was running great. also when I try the LH drive I can hear what sounds like a ching sound the only way to explain it as if the pistons inside the drive are pushing out its not a clicking sound but close to it sorry for the novel but thought I would give it a go and see what your thoughts or ideas are, I havent yet touched the filters but as the rest of the hydraulics are working I didnt think this was the issue yet Thankyou all for reading and with some luck I might get it sorted, all have a great day Tommy in Australia cheers

Replies1
  1. #1Kobe Steel2024-06-05 08:07

    The swing not working and the left track not working maybe on the same pump circuit so you maybe down on one pump. Another possibility is the brake on the slew is not releasing and/or the brake on the travel motor is not releasing but you should hear the engine load up if this was occurring.