Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 215 or 225

Murdog17 ยท 2015-03-05 12:55

I was looking at purchasing an older cat 215 or 225. I like the 4 cylinder engine. I just wanted some opinions if anyone out there has owned one or ran them a lot. Good and bad please tell. Thanks!

Replies2
  1. #1Deliacorpny2015-03-05 13:17

    215 and 225 were both solid machines ! Being 2015 it's pretty hard to find one in nice shape without 10k hrs plus!!! I've owned a 215 and was a great solid mechanical machine! Swing motors have had issues in past ! Really depends on what you are doing? 215 is a good size simply because you can move it on a tag , I would consider a later model 312bl or a 315bl ?

  2. #2Murdog172015-03-05 14:16

    Thanks for the reply. It would be mostly land clearing. Looking for my first starter piece. And have a budget. Plus I like its all Mechanical so I can fix myself. The 315 is also an option.