Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 215 pump pressures?

Dgreen4298 ยท 2020-08-12 12:09

I have been trying to figure out what is wrong with my machine for a couple years now. The boom is weak and the travel is sometimes weak when traveling anything other than flat. I put gauges in the main pumps, manual says both gauges should read near 4000psi when boom or stick is fully extended. The front pump shows 3900 psi but the rear pump is nowhere close, between 1000-2800. when I take the plug out to install the gauge in the front pump a large amount of fluid comes out, never measured it but I imagine at least a half a quart or more, however when I take out the rear pump plug I only get a small amount, half a cup at most. Considering the boom works from the rear pump does this point me in the direction of a problem? One more thing that is odd was the pump gearbox was way overfilled. I took the plug out to check the level and oil just flowed out, at least a gallon before I put the plug back in. Oil level is supposed to be at the bottom of the plug hole. Serial 95z00480

Replies0

No replies yet.