Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere GLC Series Excavator Door Latch–Repair Help

rshackleford ยท 2020-08-12 12:11

We have a JD 470GLC and the latch that holds the door open broke. I was able to purchase the parts but our repair manual does not show us how to install the latch. It appears that the door is a sealed unit and we cannot access the cable to replace it without cutting open the door with a torch. Are we missing something?

Replies3
  1. #1tool_king2020-08-12 18:11

    The latch that holds it open is just ubolt assembly .If you mean the locking assemble .You should able to fish the parts into the door .Do you have picture you can send .

  2. #2rshackleford2020-08-12 18:39

    I do mean the cable assembly. The parts diagram shows clips that hold the cable assembly in place within the door. I assumed I would need to reattach those.

  3. #3tool_king2020-08-12 22:51

    You probably leave them out an see if it works without them .