Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 215 serial number

kalvegjerdet ยท 2023-04-22 05:02

Hello. Just registered here and want to ask if someone can help me. I have just got a to me new excavator. A cat 215. I have to order some parts for it to be able to move it from where it is located. And here is where you guys can help. The previous owner thinks it is a 1983, but he is not sure. I've located two overpainted plates with number stamped in. One which says serial number and 1340. And the other was hard to tell. Is there any other plates to look for? Best regards -Tore-

Replies2
  1. #1Nige2023-04-22 13:12

    Take some paint remover and carefully (without scraping) get all the paint off the plate in your first photo. You should find 3 characters before the stamped "1340". They could be either 14Z, 57Y, 61Z, 95Z, or 96L.

  2. #2kalvegjerdet2023-04-22 14:21

    Yes,will do as soon as I get to where the machine is now. The problem with the excavator is that it is missing one of the front idler wheels, or atleast the bearing and axle so it's a little bit difficult to move. Hope to find the serial number and hopefully a new wheel soon