having trouble with throttle cable shut down of engine on my cat 215 serial 95z00480. I changed the cable because the end that connects to the injection pump was bent. Problem I am having is the throttle level will not push the injection pump lever up enough to shut down the machine. I can adjust it enough so that there is plenty of travel but it is just too hard to move the pump lever up enough. If I disconnect the cable and push pump lever up by hand it seems kind of hard to go and there is a hard click that it must overcome to shut of the fuel. The lever on the injection pump at low idle is at about 10-11 o'clock is this the right position for this lever? Maybe it should be at 8 o'clock for low idle so that the cable is at a better angle to push to over come the click of the pump? I think that the detent of the injection pump is too hard, or maybe it is not supposed to have a detent at all?
Is Page 4 of the attached any use..?
DAM GOOD INFO Nige.!!!
Nige did this one in his sleep didn't even break a sweat!
Thank you, Yes that does help. It shows the angle of the cable in relation to the lever. It doesn't say anything about to detent, it seems kinda hard to get past that spot.