Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Doosan DX235LCR

biggerhammer ยท 2019-01-29 01:47

A couple customers of mine have these machines. Dealer was making a splash in the market and selling the tier 3 models considerably cheaper than the competition and when they first showed up I thought they were going to be junk just cause they didn't seem to have nicer finishings when it came to the interior and most operators complained they werent great at multifunctioning and were jerky. However they have held up quite well other than minor bs with the exception of the HVAC system and how it is poorly sealed and the thermostat in the evaporator keeps burning out. Next time I have to replace one Im going to install a relay in line to try and prevent this. Today I ran into an issue where the operator reported that the fine grading is getting jerky. He also reported the pilot filter light would sometimes come on. Had a quick peek at the filter looked clean. Looks like the pilot pressure is regulated on top of the main body of the pump, goes to the filter where theres a switch and some other valve with a big electrical component on it. So what I'm looking for is a service manual so I know where to plumb a gauge and what to look for. Also since this is the first time I'm diving in to this unit I'd like to familiar myself with the system. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1uffex2019-01-29 04:36

    Good day Your question appears to be that of measuring the pilot or servo pressure, while we do not have that products manual the attached information may be of help. If you follow the outlet of the pilot pump you will fond the pressure test point. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2biggerhammer2020-02-22 01:00

    I obtained a manual and ran it through the paces, flowed and pressure checked. The pumps were actually over performing, turned out the emergency over ride switch got toggled. Replaced the pilot filter and all is well.