Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 215 swing gear box repair section

Dgreen4298 ยท 2021-11-22 14:35

Picked up another cat 215 and it has a bad swing gearbox. Looking for the special instruction repair section from the manual. Serial 96L. Thank you

Replies6
  1. #1Nige2021-11-23 07:27

    See attached. Do you have a Parts list for it.?

  2. #2Dgreen42982021-11-23 14:36

    Thanks. I do have a part list for a 95z but not specifically for the 96L, I was thinking they should be the same however I did just notice that the lower housing has a different part number cast into it that is not on the parts list or listed online anywhere. 5c5155 is cast in part, The part on list is 5c5156 or I think it is updated to 9u2400.

  3. #3Nige2021-11-23 15:33

    Need a Serial Number of the 96L. There are at least three serial number breaks in the Swing Drive for that S/N prefix, so there are four different parts listings. I don't want to give you the wrong one.

  4. #4Dgreen42982021-11-24 13:01

    96L1789. This is stamped next to the tag, I think it is missing a digit so maybe it is 96L01789

  5. #5Nige2021-11-24 13:30

    In the era that machine was manufactured the were no "extra zeros" in Serial Numbers, and 17-character PIN numbers hadn't even been thought of.. Today because SIS requires S/Nos to be 8 characters it would have to be entered in the system as 96L01789.

  6. #6Dgreen42982021-11-24 14:16

    Thanks, your awesome, as usual