Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota kx040-4 thumb control changed

SR912 · 2021-11-20 18:05

I recently had issues with the 6-way blade periodically not operating correctly on my Kubota kx040-4 and took it in to the shop to get checked out. Apparently the issue was related to the ECU, which was ultimately replaced. I picked it back up this week and just realized today that for whatever reason, the hydraulic thumb (factory attached) will only allow me to control it from the slide button on the left joystick. It has always been controlled by the button on the right joystick. I have two of these machines. The generic attachment settings accessible via the display screen are set exactly the same (no issues with my other one). My machine has two hydraulic lines running along both sides of the boom/arm for attachments. One on each side supply the hydraulic thumb. The other (1 each side) are plugged. Same way it’s always been. When I hit the aux button to engage the thumb, I have to use the slide button on the left joystick to open/close the thumb. When I try to use the slide button on the right joystick, the plugged hydraulic line on the left side bumps like it’s trying to engage when I slide it to the left. The one on the right does nothing. Unfortunately, it’s extremely inconvenient to go back to the shop so trying to figure it out on my own if I can. Anybody have any ideas that may help me out?

Replies1
  1. #1uffex2021-11-21 03:51

    Good day From your description it appears that the the replacement ECU has been programmed in a alternative choice, I would suggest contact the dealer and enquire as to the control options - it may be as simple as plugging on a lap top to adjust the program. Kind regards Uffex