215c 4hg2388 I blew a hose to the stick cylinder retract yesterday, in trying to get the machine up to where I could work on it, I noticed that any function whether travel or swing or boom made pressure oil come out of the blown hose. Is this an indicator of a problem somewhere else in the system? Initially I thought it was just movement forcing the oil out of the cylinder, but just light pressure on the travel pedal to release the brake would cause it. Thanks Adam
That is normal on a cat excavator. You learn quickly to never start them with any hose off any cylinder.
Free Lance Mehcanic My friend you learn one thing that is free you do not start any machine that has a hydraulic system cause it will make all your oil spill out if you can not stop the the machine fast enough.When you have a hose that has just broke on the job you change it right there,and if the boom is in the air at that time put it down even though you will lose a little bit more oil.So I hope this helped you.