Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Troubleshooting Komatsu PC160

osteven80 ยท 2016-07-29 17:55

Hi! I have some trouble with my Komatsu PC160-7 and hope someone has an idea of what's wrong. After charging the batteries a couple of days ago, the machine won't start. The engine turns, but there is no ignition it seems. When I checked the fuses behind the headrest, I found that the 30A fuse for the "Engine Controller" is melted. Everytime I put in a new fuse and turn on the ignition, the fuse melts again. In the display I get the errorcodes E0E, DA2RMC and DAFRMC. I'm thinking this is maybe a short circuit in the wireloop, but that's just a thought. Has anyone have an idea where I can look for the fault? Or maybe someway I can test for it? Thanks for all response! Kind regards, Steven

Replies1
  1. #1coalrulz2016-07-29 19:53

    Did you use a battery charger to charge the batteries? Unplug the connectors from the ECM and see if the fuse still blows.