All, my machine has been running great, yesterday i was using it. Got out to do something, jumped back in and the parking brake and seat belt light are flashing. Serial # is RLL02319. I have printed the troubleshooting guide on this. Is there anything i can check before digging into all of this, maybe ohm out the lap bar sensor or seat sensor? Im hoping it is not the Interlock ECM but if it is, i will replace it. Anyone know the part number for it. I have looked online for the part number but cant seem to find it. Thanks in advance
I have never even seen a 216b. I do a lot of interlock problem troubleshooting on 226s and up. The first thing before delving into the troubleshooting tree is to check the wire harness for chaffing. There are a lot of rub points on these machines and it is usually (relatively) easy to find the spot where it has rubbed through the wire loom. Pay particular attention to the spot below the plugs on the left side of the hydraulic tank. The seat switch is also an issue. I ran through the trouble shooting guide several times on a 226b last year and came to the end of it thinking that it was the interlock ECM. Even swapped it with a known working one. It ended up being the seat switch (which tested fine by the guide). So before even looking at the wiring I would pull the plug for the seat switch and run a jumper wire across the connector to see what happens. The end of the trouble shooting logic tree ends with replace the ecm... Then says double check everything because ECM failure is rare. I have had to replace, I think three in the last decade. So ECM failure does happen. I hope not, in your case. The last one I bought was a little less that $800. When I went to order one on the skid last year the price had jumped to $3200. Same part, same part number, six months later. Good luck