machine quit pulling on one side and found the bolt is loose enough that the bolt is spinning and the sprocket isn't turning. I've never worked on one of these,is the sprocket splined and is the bolt right hand or left hand thread? i tried to tighten it with a 1 inch impact but it wouldn't budge. Any advice? thanks
See below. This may or may not be for your machine because there are various S/N breaks in the 51U-prefix. Please quote a full S/N for exact information. Sprocket appears to be splined on to the shaft. See the attachment which again is not guaranteed to be your machines (there are 2 different procedures). Bolt is RH thread. Could the shaft possibly be broken inside the housing.?
51u725 is complete sn#
Also the bolt spins when the pedal is pressed so the shaft still spins,I’d assume the shaft is fine
Sounds like the splines on the shaft and sprocket are stripped. I worked on one where the center of the sprocket broke out, under the big washer.
Is the shaft replaceable?
It is. I found the final drive etc, for your Serial Number and discovered they are different LH & RH. I suspect a lot of parts will be the same for both sides but I don't want to give you wrong info. So which side of the machine are you working on.?
I think it’s the right side ,if the idler is at the front of the cab looking down at it from operators seat the sprocket it at the rear right side
Is there a trick to getting the bolt loose other than heating it up? I’m afraid it’ll break
That would be the RH side. If the shaft is foobarbed it won't matter if the bolt breaks or you have to cut it off. You'll be needing a new one anyway. See the attachment for parts and disassembly/assembly procedure.
Thank you