I have a cat 215 with what I think is a 225 undercarriage on it based on pic’s on the internet and that it is 9’ wide. I am looking for the repair section and the parts break down for a 225 travel brake since the ones in my books are different. My serial is 95z00480. I believe my brake seals are leaking into the final drive and filled it and is now coming out the breather on the brake. The Travel motor seal does not appear to be leaking. The procedure is probably similar to the one in my book but I would like to see it anyway, also I don’t really know how to order parts without a valid serial for a 225
3V9163 brake group?
that one is completely different than the drawing I have, looks like that might be the one. I don’t remember seeing that large nut inside though, I’ll get back over there in the morning and compare. Thanks
This one is a 215 only, and didn't show under your serial number on SIS.
Well it looks like it’s is most likely the first drawing since there is a large nut and no snap ring on the motor side. Now to figure out how to disassemble it
According to what I can see you have a 215 SA (Special Application) excavator that is fitted with a 5C-9039 Heavy Duty Undercarriage GP. That group includes a different carbody and track frames compared to the standard one which would explain your comment about the 9'-wide track gauge. Everything in the undercarriage is listed under your Serial Number though, including the 3V-9163 Park Brake Gp.
Here's the Assembly Instructions for the 3V9163 Brake Gp. Disassembly will be the reverse.
Perfect thanks. I got it apart fairly easy. That will help with the assembly. Now all I need are the seals