Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

cat 225b lc

fixiteer ยท 2023-07-02 15:31

cat 225b lc stick boom will not move. worked fine till boom was stretched out and to grease, now it is stuck, engine loads up when left control is moved forward or back, any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks

Replies6
  1. #1Welder Dave2023-07-03 00:21

    Bent stick cylinder?

  2. #2fixiteer2023-07-03 20:33

    Got the ladder out and checked the cylinder, could not see any problem with the outside. I think i'll loosen the hydraulic lines at the cylinder and see if they are getting oil. I don't have a 4000 lb. gauge or I would use that.

  3. #3Welder Dave2023-07-03 20:43

    Did it creep at all before this? Wondering if the piston came loose and got jammed.

  4. #4fixiteer2023-07-04 18:59

    Don't think it creeped at all. I think I found some bleeders on the lines that go up the boom.Whenit quits raining I'll give them try.

  5. #5Dgreen42982023-07-05 12:13

    Are the hoses jumping when you try to operate the stick?

  6. #6fixiteer2023-07-14 17:52

    can't detect any movement of hoses when stick control is moved. Cracked the bleeder on line to stick and started engine, before i could shut it down oil had squirted over the machine and on my car parked behind.