Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Offset Boom losing hydraulic pressure

MichaelPNW · 2023-07-02 15:55

Have a 313C SR Cat. Has a offset boom and the issue I’m having is while using the thumb the offset boom slowly starts to lose pressure and it’s starts to swing violently. The thumb and offset boom share the same diverter valve. So my guess is it’s leaking internally at the solenoids. Took them apart, jumped the coils and they both seem operate as they should..

Replies8
  1. #1uffex2023-07-03 04:02

    Good day Have tried plugging the cylinder best elliminate one part at a time. If you have a schematic of the circuit that would be helpful. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2Nige2023-07-03 04:47

    Post a Serial Number and I can probably track down a hydraulic system schematic.

  3. #3MichaelPNW2023-07-04 19:25

    There’s a switch inside the cab that energizes these solenoids and de-energizes.. so when it’s “on” it sends pressure to thumb and when it’s “off” the ports close and send pressure to offset boom..

  4. #4Nige2023-07-05 07:00

    Still waiting for a Serial Number.......

  5. #5MichaelPNW2023-07-07 22:31

    The last 8 digits?

  6. #6Nige2023-07-08 03:11

    Correct.

  7. #7MichaelPNW2023-07-12 22:40

    wsA00739

  8. #8Nige2023-07-13 05:02

    I'm sorry. I looked everywhere I could think of and found nothing. There isn't even a similar model anywhere that might serve for information. This machine was designed only for the Japanese market and technical information is unfortunately very scarce.