Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 226 Auxiliary hydraulics slow

Stephen Hibble · 2020-04-02 22:38

Hi all i have a Cat 226 B bobcat worked perfectly last week got on it this morning the 4 in 1 bucket is slow to open and close put the post hole digger on it just turns any tip thanks

Replies6
  1. #1Mark2502020-04-03 03:14

    Check this screen at the control valve, it may be blocked as it is the supply line to the aux valve section in the main control valve has any work or service been done recently?

  2. #2Stephen Hibble2020-04-03 21:15

    No work has been done it just got slow checked the screen it is clean .

  3. #3Nige2020-04-04 16:20

    Maybe cut the hydraulic filter open and inspect for particles in the pleats of the filter media..?

  4. #4Mark2502020-04-04 18:18

    have you checked that the quick couplers are not damaged and are seated correctly ? If the lift and tilt function are OK, that would rule out the gear pump is the aux control, button or thumb wheel? if thumb wheel ,is it moving all the way ,sometimes the magnets on the roller switch break up and the switch doesn't supply a good signal to the aux ECM Are you handy with a digital multimeter? if so you could check the PWM output from the roller switch

  5. #5Tilbalad2023-01-25 15:07

    Hi Steve, I have exactly the same issue, what was the problem with yours? Been a while since you posted but an keen to know. Many thanks

  6. #6Jon cloke1012025-02-01 06:43

    Hi please could you send me this whole diagram? I’ve got an early 246 where the auxiliary hydraulics work perfectly one way but delayed and slow the other way. I believe it’s a2 that has gone slow but I’ve done lots of electrical work so could be switched over. I was wondering if there was a valve like on an excavator to slow the return to run a hydraulic breaker? Thanks