Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 248b bad relef or sticking valve. With youtube video

eds2150 ยท 2020-04-04 15:18

Cat 248b. SCL00274 Machine got 600 hours on it. New t0-4 oil/ filter If the video play message me. - The relief on the machine starts working around the point my back wheel are off the ground. -I start making the noise after heavy use. Go to a idle and it goes away. Also dose not matter if the auto bucket level is on or off. -I Pull the suction tube out of the tank. I Capped and pressure checked the tube for leaks . I Cleaned in tank suction filter. It was not bad. Replace rubber suction hose and clamp. Going to the pump. And the oil is not aerated after use. -Iv been looking at hydraulic diagram of other cats on the form. Has any one run into this. Or have parts / service manual info on this part of the system.

Replies2
  1. #1eds21502020-04-04 15:19
  2. #2eds21502020-04-05 16:24

    Ok the work tool piston pump is the source of the noise. Just ran the controls with the cab flipped after getting up getting it warm. Any parts diagram for this system or service manual info. I think the pump loading way to strong mid throttle. Possible is there a flow valve on this system. It resets after going to idle.