Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 226 skidsteer keeps blowing fuse.

TXWoodsman ยท 2016-05-21 20:20

I have a CAT 226 skidsteer that keeps blowing the 10 AMP fuse which is also the start fuse. I have replaced a couple of solenoids that were bad, but the issue remains. Each time I engage either of the levers to move bucket or loader, it blows the fuse immediately. I'm pretty sure that it is a short somewhere, but I'm at a loss as to where to look. I've looked it over for rubs, etc., but no luck as yet. Does anyone have any suggestions? I would be forever grateful!!!

Replies2
  1. #1dtcohen2016-05-23 10:49

    What series is the machine? Is it a 226B or 226D? B series machines use pilot (hydraulic lines to joystick) controls whereas D series machines are EH (electric wires to joystick).

  2. #2Nige2016-05-23 10:55

    A Serial Number would help ........