Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 226b moving and beam problems

lysmax ยท 2020-02-01 17:45

Hi all I need your help. My Englishis nort very good but I will try to explain my problem. I have Cat 226B 2007. One upon a time my skid steer loader stop working. It was a beginnig of the working hours. Operator started the engine, switched off parking button, tried to move but nothing happened... The skid steer loader didn`t react to joysticks: no move, no bucket. Interesting: it had no problem the day before. Notable: there were no unusual noice from hydraulic pumps. I can tell: no noise at all. Do you have any suggestion what was happed to my machine? I live in Belarus. There is no normal custoner service for Cat. I bought my skid steer loader used and I don't have service and owner manuals.

Replies6
  1. #192U 34062020-02-01 23:11

    Hydraulic driven fan? If so, is it working?

  2. #2John C.2020-02-02 10:54

    There is a safety switch in the seat that is a common failure. The machine won't release the parking brake unless someone is sitting in the seat and when the switch goes bad, the machine won't move.

  3. #3lysmax2020-02-03 15:45

    Yes, it works. Mechanic told me today: when he is excluding out of system the fan, hydraulic hoses are getting to be harder. He think there is a pressure, but he is not sure it is enough to work. He couldn`t find an information about working pressure to open directional valve spool

  4. #4lysmax2020-02-03 15:49

    we have thought about that. my mechanic exluded this switch. but I'm not sure it is enough to work. any ideas?

  5. #592U 34062020-02-03 16:25

    You say the fan spins so that means that your pump drive coupling hasn't broken. Do any warning lights stay lit on the display when you try and operate the machine?

  6. #6lysmax2020-02-12 01:41

    No. Nothing. That is the main problem.