I’ve searched and can’t find a definite answer. It’s like my skid steer quit getting fuel. It would run fine for awhile and then under a load it would bog down. I changed the fuel filter and I figure it’s the prefilter in the fuel tank. I had this problem on another skidloader. But I don’t know where to find it
Is it in there where the fuel lines come from ?
Nothing under that cover other than the fuel level float mechanism. I think I'd be ooking into all the barbed fittings that the fuel supply hoses connect to ....... even the ones in the cover on top of the tank. Are you sure the tank is clean inside..?
Have you followed ALL the fuel lines from the tank to the pump?? I've seen those little plastic inline filters tucked up in the corner behind the air cleaner.. You CANT see it without removing the air cleaner.. just a thought..
I will check all the barbed fittings today. I’m not sure about the tank being clean. That’s why I was looking for some kind of filter in the tank. I am going to look for a online filter also
It might be worth your while removing the plate in your photo and start there by checking that all the tubes/fittings are clear of debris. Gives you the chance to make sure the tank is clean at the same time.
In the picture where nige says nothing there but a float that's your fuel pickup and return tubes. When you pull that plate off change your rubber fuel lines. Bob
On my asv, the tank top fitting looks just like that plate, on the Cat. The culprit, on mine was that the p/u tube hadda crack in it, would only run right when tank was full, to about 5/8 full.
I took the fuel cap off and it was pressurized
Could have a collapsed suction line. It is 20 years old and oily in there... Mine many years ago must have sucked up something and plugged the line. Blew air backwards and never had a problem since.
Now I can’t get it to prime. The primer is stuck
Looks like time to open up the whole system right from the tank and give it a good cleaning. I had to do the same with a Honda brushcutter the other day. Wouldn't run right. A complete strip of the fuel system including the tank and carburettor didn't reveal any obvious restriction anywhere but when I reassembled it again it ran absolutely perfect. I must have disturbed something somewhere while taking it apart and putting it back together again but I'll take the result any day.
Lol.. I "think" you might have found the problem??
I put a new primer on it and it fired up. Thanks for the help