I have a older Cat 235 excavator that has an issue but not sure what. It's a serial number 32K1025. The issue I'm having is that the boom and stick functions seem quite slow. I was running it last weekend digging some waterline in with a 30" wide bucket and moving the boom down into the trench it was slower than what I think it should have been and it also seems to sound like oil going over the relief valve as the boom is going down. You can hear the engine loading too like it's working to push more oil than is going into the cylinders. Is there a valve somewhere that could be sticking? How do I go about checking pressures of the pumps? I am hoping to get it moved home this weekend if the weather will allow, we got about 10" of snow the last 2 days so might make things awfully muddy/slick to get it hauled home but we're going to try. Have to switch back to the 48" bucket and go dig some ponds so would like to try to get the speed of the boom fixed if I can figure out what's going on. Also, it seems that the RH track is weaker when turning, but straight line driving across a pasture it will track straight and fine. Any help you guys have would be appreciated. Thanks. Chris
If your machine is old enough it will have a boom lower speed control valve to limit boom down speed while handling heavy objects. Look for a knob with a button in it attached to a cable. It should be in the console by the seat on the window side. Push it in, also make sure the pedal on the floor is locked down to get two pump flow for boom up and stick out. Later Bob
OK I'll check that. I vaguely remember a pedal and cable with knob. I will check that first. Thanks Bob. Chris
Hi Bobs. I couldn't find anymore info on that lockable pedal on the floor of my old CAT 235. Was wondering if that might be my problem too with a slow stick out and weak stick in although my boom speed seems fine. Is there a reason why you wouldn't want the two pump flow option? Also curious what I can do to get more fine control on my Cat 235 swing speed. Does yours just have one high speed and not much fine control?